|PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING PRODUCT
• Vettec products are best used between 65° and 85° F (18° to 29° C).
• Areas of wetness or bleeding should not be covered. Once healed, commence using products.
• Product may not bond to hooves that have been heavily treated with products containing: oils, grease, pine tar, etc. In these instances a thorough denatured alcohol scrub and drying should be performed to ensure adhesion.
• The following procedures are best-accomplished wearing latex or rubber gloves.
• Do not burn or "Hot Shoe” this product.
• Use only Vettec mixing tips.
1. To open the cartridge, remove the tip at line with nippers. Insert cartridge into dispensing gun, label side up.
2. Before attaching the mixing tip, equalize the cartridge by squeezing out a small amount to ensure that both
sides are dispensing evenly.
3. Attach a mixing tip by pressing and twisting clockwise.
4. When finished, do not release the pressure with the lever on the back of the dispenser. Remove the mixing
tip immediately, discard and replace the cap. The pressure can now be released. Caps are available from
5. For additional applications, re-equalize the cartridge and attach a new tip.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE 1 - When working on level surfaces
1. Trim and balance the hoof and conservatively pare the sole. Remove any weak or soft material that will
exfoliate in the next 2-3 weeks, especially at the white line area.
2. Using a hoof knife trim and clean the frog, bars and commissures. Remove all loose sole and dirt with a
3. Pay special attention to the bars. The bars should not be lying over onto the sole as this could cause a
pressure point. If the bars are lying down, trim them back to proper position.
4. NOTE: Only if hoof is oily, wipe the affected areas with a cloth moistened with denatured alcohol being careful
not to saturate the hoof. Do not use acetone!
5. Have all materials ready (including contouring plastic and prepare the cartridges) before proceeding to the
6. Holding sole upward dry hoof thoroughly using a heat gun for 30-45 seconds. Do not overheat. Keep heat
source approximately 6 inches away from sole.
NOTE: All hooves contain natural moisture and must be dried exactly in the manner described above.
This step is critical for the product to achieve the appropriate bond to the sole.
1. After drying: hold the hoof as flat and level as possible, place and hold Contouring Plastic (REF #46904) at
toe and dispense Sole-Guard at frog allowing material to flow towards the toe.
2. Fill the foot with Sole-Guard just short of the white line. Do not fill above the level of the wall.
3. When desired amount of material is applied, firmly press Contouring Plastic over the sole towards the heel
creating a slight "cup” in the Sole-Guard material.
4. Hold the foot up for 1 minute and then set down.
5. Remove contouring plastic after 10 minutes, peeling from the heel to the toe and trim any excess material
with hoof knife.
6. Leave horse tied up or return to stall for approximately 30-60 minutes, do not turn out right away.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE 2 - When working on soft or uneven surfaces
1. After drying: hold the hoof and dispense Sole-Guard allowing material to flow towards toe.
2. Place 5.75" x 5.75"x 1/4” Foam Board (REF #46015) to the toe region first and lay the board towards the heel
leveling the Sole-Guard material.
3. Hold for 1 minute and set the foot down.
4. Remove Foam Board after 6 minutes and trim any excess material.
EMERGENCY/TRAIL RIDING APPLICATION PROCEDURE
NOTE: (Sole-Guard may only bond to the foot for 2-3 days when applied in this manner)
1. Wire-brush the sole and frog removing all dirt and debris.
2. Dry the sole and frog using clean rag or towel.
3. Apply as above using either application procedure 1 or 2.
Download Instruction PDF: English
For professional use only. Keep out of reach of children.