PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING PRODUCT
• Vettec products are best used between 65° and 85° F (18° to 29° C).
• Areas of wetness or bleeding should not be covered. Once healed, commence using products.
• Product may not bond to hooves that have been heavily treated with products containing: oils, grease, pine tar, etc. In these instances a thorough denatured alcohol scrub and drying should be performed to ensure adhesion.
• The following procedures are best-accomplished wearing latex or rubber gloves.
• Do not burn or "Hot Shoe” this product.
• Use only Vettec mixing tips.
1. To open the cartridge, remove the tip at line with nippers. Insert cartridge into dispensing gun, label side up.
2. Before attaching the mixing tip, equalize the cartridge by squeezing out a small amount to ensure that both
sides are dispensing evenly.
3. Attach a mixing tip by pressing and twisting clockwise.
4. When finished, do not release the pressure with the lever on the back of the dispenser. Remove the mixing
tip immediately, discard and replace the cap. The pressure can now be released. Caps are available from
5. For additional applications, re-equalize the cartridge and attach a new tip.
1. Trim and balance the hoof and conservatively pare the sole. Remove any weak or soft material that will
exfoliate in the next 2-3 weeks, especially at the white line area.
2. Using a hoof knife trim and clean the frog, bars and commissures. Remove all loose sole and dirt with a
3. Pay special attention to the bars. The bars should not be lying over onto the sole as this could cause a
pressure point. If the bars are lying down, trim them back to proper position.
4. NOTE: Only if hoof is oily, wipe the affected areas with a cloth moistened with denatured alcohol being careful
not to saturate the hoof. Do not use acetone!
5. Have all materials ready (including contouring plastic and prepare the cartridges) before proceeding to the
6. Holding sole upward dry hoof thoroughly using a heat gun for 30-45 seconds. Do not overheat. Keep heat
source approximately 6 inches away from sole.
NOTE: All hooves contain natural moisture and must be dried exactly in the manner described above.
This step is critical for the product to achieve the appropriate bond to the sole.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE - WITH PADS
1. If open at heels: Place mixing tip under the pad at the heel and fill to back of the pad.
2. If there is no access: Pre-drill a 5/16 inch hole in the pad near the apex of the frog and nail into position under
the shoe. Place mixing tip against the hole and dispense until filled to the back of the pad. Cover the hole with
a small piece of duct tape.
3. Once set, in approximately 45-60 seconds, release the hoof. Replace mixing tip and repeat process
4. Trim any excess material.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE - WITHOUT PADS
1. Wire brush the sole and dry thoroughly with a heat gun or hair dryer.
2. Cut a piece of Equi-Mesh (REF #46030) to the outline of the shoe and place between the hoof and shoe,
putting the curved side toward the sole.
3. Nail the shoe into position. If the sole is flat, seating out the shoe is advised.
4. With the frog turned upward, apply Equi-Pak|CS™ underneath the web of the shoe and fill in the sole until the
desired level is achieved. This is usually to the top of the shoe. NOTE: For added support, load to ground level
using a Foam Board (REF #46015).
5. Hold the hoof until the Equi-Pak|CS sets, approximately 45-60 seconds, then release.
6. Trim any excess material.
Download Instruction PDF: English
For professional use only. Keep out of reach of children.